Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Using rich media to promote your SEO results, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- On the modern web, it's very common to see rich media,…like videos, animations, and large hero images…on the pages of a website.…While this doesn't hurt your SEO, it's important…that these elements are optimized in the correct way.…Take our CAF8 site, for example.…So, we've got this large scrolling image…at the top of the website.…On the website for wistia.com,…which is a video provider, you can see that we have…a fullscreen video that automatically plays…when we land on the site.…
We want to make sure that we avoid any slow loading speeds…caused by the use of this rich media.…Ensure that large images or videos don't negatively…impact your website load speed.…Google has indicated that the site load speed…and page speed are used by its proprietary algorithm…to assess the rank of a web page.…Here are some tips for using rich media…in eCommerce websites.…First, let's have a look at an image in our Finder window.…You can see here, I have a picture…called onlineshop.jpeg.…
And if I open it up, it's quite a large image.…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.