Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding visitor demographics, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- [Voiceover] As I mentioned in the last video,…Google collects a lot of data about users on the web…so they can deliver more relevant advertising.…And sometimes folks assume that Google Analytics…will unleash that data to marketers.…But until recently, it was the exact opposite.…Google Analytics would only report the data…back to you that you sent to them.…Albeit, in pretty charts and graphs.…Now, if you enable the reports…like we did in the previous movie,…Google will share some of that data on your users…provided there are enough of them…so that they can remain anonymous.…The first section we'll look at here…is a Demographics Report.…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data