Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding on-page vs. off-page SEO, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- I've mentioned the words on and off-page…factors several times already,…and you're probably wondering what these mean.…They refer to the changes that you can make…directly on the site itself…versus things that are done on external locations…that drive traffic to your site.…First let's talk about on-page factors.…On-page factors include elements like…the keywords you're targeting,…written content, headings, titles, etc.,…page URLs and the way that these are structured,…and internal links, such as footers…or navigation systems.…
We can directly control on-page factors…often by simply changing them right in the…Ecommerce provider's interface or within the code.…As you can see on the 99U website,…we have page titles, headings, and keywords…included on the content within the page.…Next let's talk about off-page factors.…These are the changes or tactics that you can use…to boost rankings that don't involve…modifying the pages of your site.…The foundation of off-page SEO…is links to your website from other sites on the web.…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.