User intent can be better understood when we learn from a customer's online behavior and specific needs. The context and search intent of customers is explained in this video.
- [Instructor] Any customer-driven…or customer-centric business,…is always preoccupied with understanding customer intent.…While this can be a difficult qualitative aspect…to measure in competitor research, with your own site,…the use of analytics, give us vast amount of information.…One way in which user intent can be analyzed…at a macro level in cohort is by…using the Behavioral Flow option in Google Analytics.…This assumes that the navigation of your site…is already optimized for a good user experience,…and it gives you a retroactive view of how users interact…with your site, but this is just the start.…
At a more individual level, a better tool to use…is site search, since it really tells us exactly what…the search queries for users are once their on the site.…Just as Behavioral Flow produces a broad overview…of how efficient our site navigation and user experience is,…so does site search, at a micro or individual level.…By site search, we don't just mean the official feature…that you see here on the screen,…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.