There are various approaches to social segmentation. This lesson will show several ways in which analytics can reveal social segments.
- [Instructor] Social segmentation is becoming…more important as we track our efforts and results…with key social media channels and also…as we measure our performance on…fostering social media platforms.…So let's use an example of a business who intends to…allocate a budget towards social media advertising.…But first, they want to view visitors of each…social network as a segment, in order to determine…which segment is already popular with their users.…So I'm going to walk you through a few ideas here…that you can try out yourself in Google Analytics.…
So first of all, we would bring up our Google Analytic…account, and we would set it for whichever period…we would like to measure,…and we're going to set it on Audience and Overview.…So that'll be the starting point here.…So now what we want is to bring up standard segments…that can be an option to apply,…so you're going to either have to spend some time…creating the segment that you want to apply,…or you can just import a segment that another user…already created,…
- Define planned and retroactive segmentation.
- Examine planned versus retroactive segmentation.
- Identify the elements of social segmentation for channel testing.
- Determine the fundamentals of conversion segments and conversion path data.
- Recognize the steps for testing content for different audiences.