Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting expectations and establishing realistic goals for your SEO results, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- Its important to understand that in the world of SEO,…results aren't immediate and final.…Your rankings can adjust up or down…on a daily or weekly basis.…And the process is ongoing.…It requires constant measurement and monitoring.…And over time, your efforts will pay off.…Google's primary job is to find a relevant…and useful result for your search.…If it was easily manipulated,…it would be a terrible search engine.…Make sure you deserve to be in that top spot…by providing quality content…in an easy to navigate site.…
Here are a few things to remember…when approaching SEO for your e-com site.…The first, is to target a niche.…Trying to rank number one for the term shoes…is going to be near impossible.…You don't want to go up against Zappos or Shoes.com.…You're better to become a big fish in a small pond,…rather than a small fish in a big pond.…Target very specific searches…and achieve higher conversion rates for less visitors.…That means, making more sales…for a more targeted group of potential buyers.…
Next, instant improvements are common.…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.