Some metrics in your business are not measured by default, like CRM data and different currencies. Through custom dimensions and metrics we can tell Analytics to measure this. See how to set this up for your business.
- [Instructor] There can be metrics in your business…that Analytics does not measure by default,…like gender, psychographic data for a customer that's…in your CRM system and a customer who's browsing…your site while they are logged in,…or different currencies like Yen or Ruppies.…And these things you won't really find…in the reporting section,…even if you create the custom report.…Thorough custom dimensions and metrics you can tell…Analytics to start measuring this.…
First, the campaign manager must setup the dimension,…and then the developer can modify the tracking code.…It has to be done in this precise order.…And let's walk through the configuration steps…to setup these custom dimensions.…So in the left colum, at the bottom, just select admin.…Then you want to make sure that you've selected…the property that you'd like to work with,…and then look at the middle column.…You will see that property appear.…
And if you scroll down, you'll find your custom definitions.…If you click on custom definitions, you've got the option…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model