Usually, a CEO, CMO, and board members require a broad overview of KPIs as opposed to operational teams. This example shares useful ideas for future use.
- [Instructor] When we build C level dashboards typically…for our chief executive or another board member,…we seek to analyze data quite broadly, as opposed to…specifics that will relate to day-to-day activities.…We're also more interested to see…a list of countries around the world as opposed…to a breakdown of regional performance,…especially if it's a global business.…So in the left column, under customization and dashboards,…I've created a specific dashboard for this purpose,…so when we click on dashboards and select the CEO dashboard,…it has been pre configured.…
And we start off by looking at a widget here that…is called total visits and is displayed in a graph,…which will also show recent performance trends.…Next, we have a similar graph but…this relates to new visitors.…So we can quickly see if new business…development appears to be on track.…Then we also have devices by category, which itself is not…something that might appeal to many CEO's.…Beneath that our next widget contains percentage…of new visits, as a percentage of the total visitor account.…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model