Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Segmentation pitfalls: Sequences, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- [Voiceover] While we've shown the power…of Google segmentation tools, we've also taken…a look at how you can run into trouble,…and some of the aspects of this are simply non-intuitive.…For example, in the last two videos…we looked at how Google changes the rules midstream…depending on which tool you use…and also what happens when you mix and match…user and session elements in a single segment,…and the pitfall I wanna point out today…is a bit more of a straightforward clarification…than one of the near trick questions…that we've seen before, but it still seems to cause…quite a bit off confusion so I think it's worth clarifying.…Now first we wanna identify a segment…that includes users in a sequence…where they have a long browsing session…that's followed by a transaction…so of course we wanna start out as we always do.…
We're gonna add a segment here…and we're gonna go all the way…down to the bottom for sequences.…Now the first thing we wanna do is change this to users,…and we said we were looking for session duration…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data