Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Segment visitors: Sequenced segments, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- [Voiceover] We've come pretty far…with this segmentation concept.…So far we've looked at filtering the data,…which affected each hit that comes in.…Then we segmented by the thing that belonged…to an entire session,…such as whether or not a transaction occurred.…Then we looked at multiple segments that belonged…to a single user, so user-based segments.…In that case, we moved away from the idea…that every single session has to result in a conversion…because we know life doesn't always happen that way.…For many products or services, users will often progress…through several stages of awareness and research…before narrowing and then converting.…
Now we're gonna look at not only the fact…that something happened at some point…but the specific sequence in which these events happened.…This is gonna give us even more insight…into that customer journey, which is so critical…to a marketer's understanding of their customers.…Take, for example, a corporate blog.…Many businesses invest in blog content…as a way to track and educate your users.…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data