Measuring the performance of each search engine over time to make sure your results stack up with the market share of Bing, Google, and Yahoo can be achieved through segmentation. Learn how to do it here.
- [Instructor] Given that Bing ads is growing…in many countries and search engines are quite dynamic,…it is always useful to take a periodic measurement…of how different search engines perform.…And this we can do with segmentation.…First, in analytics you want to probably set…your date range for at least six months,…if not more, so that you can track performance over time.…Once you've done that, one of the ways to proceed…is to look in the left column, under audience,…so just expand the audience and put it on overview.…
And it then produces some cumulative data for…a long period of time.…And now we're going to head up to the top-middle area…and we'll click on add segment.…And let's first create the segment for Bing traffic.…I'll show you how it's done for the first time…and this will be useful if you haven't setup…the segment before.…Just hit the red button that says add new segment…and then look in the left column for traffic sources…because there are obviously various other basis…for segmentation.…
So we select traffic sources and we're going to make sure…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.