- Define search engine optimization.
- Explore the fundamentals of reading search engine results pages.
- Examine the essentials of understanding keyword attributes.
- Break down the steps for optimizing the non-text components of a webpage.
- Recognize how search engines index context.
- Explore an overview of long-term content planning strategies and how they can help keep content on your site fresh.
- Define your website’s audience, topics, angle, and style when mapping out your long-term content.
- Identify the steps to take when building internal links within your website.
- Recognize how to analyze links in order to measure SEO effectiveness.
- Break down the necessary components for understanding local SEO.
Skill Level Beginner
- Search is the gateway to just about everything we do online. If we're hungry, we turn to a search engine to find the best restaurants and read reviews. If we're in the market for a product or service, we research it and even buy it on the web. And with the explosion of devices like smartphones, tablets, and home assistants, we're no longer limited by where we can search. So people are searching all day every day. But the real question is will they find you in the search results? That's what this course is all about.
And here I'll be sharing with you the fundamentals of search engine optimization so that you can leverage this crucial skill to compete and accomplish your online goals in this digital age. We'll leverage industry best practices, examples, and our own experience in working across thousands of client engagements to show you how to get the most exposure and results from your organic search strategy. I'm David Booth, Founding Partner at a digital firm called Cardinal Path, and I've been helping organizations all over the world take advantage of this new digital landscape since the late 1990s.
Search is now simply a part of our everyday lives. And as consumers, we rely on search engines to show us the way to what we're looking for. As a business, it's no longer good enough to just be online. These days ya have to be found. So join me to uncover the fundamental concepts and building blocks of search engine optimization.