To take action during optimization, marketers pay attention to the quality and type of referrers and their bounce rate, but also overall bounce rates and related causes, which are demonstrated here.
- [Instructor] Within Google Analytics, we have several ways…to perform a referrer and a bounce rate analyis.…One of the ways is if we head over to the left column,…to the Acquisition tab, then, open it up.…If you're excluding search traffic from Google…and mainstream search engines, then we're going…to open up the area that says All Traffic.…And then you'll just click on Referrals.…Now when we open up this report, let's scroll down…just a little bit, so that we can see all of the data.…
And if we look at the Behavior column,…under this is one for Bounce Rate.…The data can be sorted by bounce rate if we click…on it first, the highest bounce rate would appear.…And if you click on it again, the inverse would apply.…The referrers with the lowest bounce rate will appear first.…This can be further analyzed if you look halfway…towards the top, we can add a secondary dimension.…
If we click on that from the dropdown list…if you click on Behavior and then…we're going to find Landing Page.…So we select Landing Page.…At this point, smaller sites could also switch…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model