The importance of page load speed is due to the fact that it is a ranking factor, which is also crucial in a mobile-first world. You can learn here how to analyze and segment this data.
- [Narrator] Let's get straight into page timings…and see what we can learn from Google Analytics.…In the left column you want to open up the behavior tab.…Then look at site speed if you want to expand site speed,…and click on page timings.…First, in the area above,…you notice a graph that shows the overall load speed…of pages for different days.…However, this does not tell you about specific pages.…For example, it could represent a site…with 50 product pages,…but only one product page has an image problem…that caused a slower load time.…
But, as we scroll down…and you notice the different columns that we've got here,…we have individual page timings.…By default, it is sorted according…to the highest number of page views.…In a scenario where you're working with a specific page,…enter it into the search area here and click on search.…Then you will notice pages that you're looking for…together with their page speed to data.…
In a scenario where we carry out a site speed audit,…I will remove the search again.…We're going to see all of the pages that are loading slow.…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model