Whereas advanced users can specify their own conversion metrics, there are some popular metrics used for conversion rate optimization, which is discussed here.
- [Instructor] Analytics is the primary tool…we use during conversion rate optimization.…If you'd like to carry out conversion rate analysis…to see where improvements can be made,…the first stop is to have a good idea of the metrics…you need to analyze,…after which you can than manipulate…Google Analytics to reveal the data…in a way that is understandable and actionable.…So, let's explore some useful metrics.…Page timings and improvements.…
We find that high bounce rates and poor user experience…can often be attributed to pages…that take a long time to load,…either because their code is not optimized,…or graphics are too large.…You may even find that graphics work well on a desktop,…but the resized version for mobile…is what is causing a problem.…Referrer and bounce rate analysis.…Good referrers give us good conversions.…This is also true in the affiliate business.…
The starting point for many quality assurance teams…who audit affiliates is our own analytics.…If we find an affiliate with high traffic,…but a poor conversion rate,…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.