Before producing analytics reports on SEO metrics, an overview of the most desired metrics available within Google Analytics is the right place to start. Learn more in this lesson.
- [Instructor] One of the many important reasons…a business would run reports in Google Analytics…is to measure SEO performance.…If you rely on Google tools exclusively,…you really need to use two tools side-by-side to explore…all the metrics that are relevant to search performance,…Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.…Before heading over to Analytics,…we need to know the potential metrics needed to help us…assess the overall SEO strategy and performance.…
Ranking is one of the first metrics that matters to us.…This is because many businesses…measure themselves against their competition.…Businesses also want to know how much market share…they take on the organic search traffic…as a percentage of the overall market.…This is a metric you can't find in Analytics itself,…but we can look towards Webmaster Tools…or other external tools.…Links earned to your site and your most linked content…is something that is very useful to know, since you can then…align your content marketing efforts with that.…
This is also something that we'll be able…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.