WordPress drives the majority of websites worldwide and Google Analytics is the most prominent tool used by SMEs. See how to integrate these two interfaces.
- [Narrator] The majority of the websites…in the world run on WordPress.…Therefore, I'd like to share with you…ways to set up Analytics on WordPress…and how to activate Webmaster Tools.…Firstly, let's look at Analytics.…We need to get our tracking code,…so in the left column, scroll all the way down to Admin.…If you click on Admin, it will open up the admin section…for this property that we're in,…and look under the Property column.…
You'll notice a little bit down,…there's an area called Tracking Info.…So when you open that, you can click on Tracking Code.…This opens up a window with your code.…So let's keep this window open for now,…because we're going to use it again in a minute.…Now we're going to hit over first,…to the back end of a WordPress website.…And this is typically what it looks like,…unless you've really customized it.…Now sometimes here in the admin area,…your theme makes it easy for you…to implement things such as codes,…and that is certainly the case…with the theme that I'm using here.…
When I enter my theme name here,…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.