The ability to integrate your own custom dimensions into filtered views and to create advanced filters that can combine two different fields into one output helps to increase accuracy and customization. See how to set this up.
- [Instructor] From your beginner level training…in Analytics, you're probably familiar…with filters and views…but since advanced users also create custom definitions…we want to use those things that we created…in our folders and views.…At times we may want to construct a report…that combines two different fields into one output…to increase accuracy and customization.…So for this reason we're going to look at…using both custom and advanced filters and views.…
So if you're here in Google Analytics…let's go to the bottom left area and select Admin…and then look towards the far right for…your property that you're working with.…And you can select Filters.…So if I scroll a little bit down,…I'll select Filters and it will open up a new window.…Now hit the red button that says Add Filter…and just give a name to the filter.…So I'll give any fictitious name to this filter now.…
Beneath that you'll notice that we have Filter Type.…You can switch to Custom filter here…and now notice that there's a dropdown list…under the Filter field.…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.