A closer analysis of exit pages can provide a deeper insight for on-page optimization and other UX factors that can improve performance. See where to access these relevant reports.
- [Instructor] There can be good value…in analyzing exit pages.…To get started with this, just look at the left column,…and expand the behavioral tab.…Then look at Site Content if you want to just expand that,…and then scroll down to Exit Pages.…So, click on Exit Pages, and it will produce…this report for your analytics.…If you have many pages and high traffic levels,…never panic if you see a high number of exits.…First, consider the relationship…between exits and page views,…which can be found here on the right hand side.…
The exits are expressed as a percentage…on each particular page,…which is something that you can study closer,…which is a metric that is more important.…The most ideal metric to add to columns…that would enable us to quickly understand…which pages have a high a exit rate…due to specific problems, would have been bounce rate.…However, since Google Analytics does not have this ability,…let's look at segmenting our user behavior.…So, if we scroll up to the segment area,…click on add segment.…
I have created a segment already for users who were…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model