Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Eliminating duplicate content so your site doesn't get penalized, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- Duplicate content is a sin in the world of SEO…because it confuses search engines.…They won't list all of their results that appear identical,…and they're forced to pick which one is best…but often they don't know how to choose.…Having hundreds of pages that use the same title,…description, or even page content can actually trigger…Google's spam detection, and your domain can be…blacklisted from Google until you file…a reconsideration request.…Here's a real life example of duplicate content.…
Notice how we have two pages of our CAF8 site open.…There are two browser tabs at the top.…However, when I click on the other tab…it's a completely different page.…The page titles in this case are duplicates of one another,…and it's very confusing.…I'm not sure from the tab at the top which one is which.…This is an example of duplicate content…that hurts the user experience…and should be avoided at all costs.…Here are some tips to avoid being penalized…for duplicate content.…
First, always write clear and unique page titles…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.