Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing your landing page to drive deeper engagement, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- Think of your homepage as the cover…of a magazine or newspaper.…It should be big, bold, and instantly tell users…what need in their life your product will fill.…In marketing it's important to avoid selling…product features and focus on the benefits…they provide to your potential customers.…Using the Apple iPhone 6 homepage as an example,…here are some recommendations on ensuring…your homepage is well-optimized…and set up for high rankings.…First, aim to get users to click deeper into your site.…
Homepages should be full of calls to action.…Those are buttons or links that drive users deeper.…This helps them to immediately browse…your product library or avoid bouncing…back to search engine results pages.…Next, make it immediately clear what you do or sell…and do so in a prominent, heading-friendly way.…You can see that on all of the pages on the Apple site.…They all contain this large block of text…that's quickly telling you what you're about to see.…
You also need to pay attention…to what's considered "above the fold."…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.