Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging and troubleshooting basics, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- View Offline
And here, we see the script block that contains…the Google Analytics code.…This is the code that's actually going to go and download.…I got the Google Analytics code here held on analytics.js.…And then, this is the code that's actually going to fire off…the data.…Okay.…So far so good.…The next things that you can do is make sure that those two…things are actually happening.…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data