Once an analytics professional knows which sources to track and measure, a custom attribution model can be created to find the sources of conversion and the paths followed by users.
- [Instructor] Here in the model comparison tool,…you can also create, save, and apply custom models…that are made up of rules that you specify.…So if you have a set of assumptions…about where conversions come from…and you want to evaluate it,…then use it in your criteria.…You can set up to as much as…10 custom attribution models for each view.…So there is enough scope to experiment.…So get to where I am now on my screen,…you got to look on the left hand column under conversions,…all the way under attribution.…
And you'll click on model comparison tool.…And then you are here.…So now, if you look at the model drop down selector,…which is this feature here,…scroll all the way to the bottom;…and you can click on create new custom model.…And let's give the model a name.…So we'll call it Test 45.…And we're going to choose the baseline model…from the drop down menu.…So we can take a default model as a starting point,…and then we'll edit that.…
So, baseline model.…We will choose linear to start with.…So now it is specifying some touchpoint…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model
Skill Level Advanced
1. SEO Performance Measurement
2. Advanced Setup
3. Doing More with Analytics
4. Advanced Reporting
Set up cross-domain tracking4m 22s
5. Conversion Rate Analysis
6. Conversion Reports
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.