Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Clean data and identify big spenders in custom segments, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- [Voiceover] In the previous video…we introduced the power of custom segments…and now we're gonna show you some more examples…that show you how you can enhance your analysis…by cleaning up your data,…isolating particularly lucrative customers,…and understanding the devices…that your clients prefer to use.…Previously we were looking at the Google Store data…and I noticed that referral channel…was a major outlier.…So let's go ahead and take a look at that.…Come over here and I wanna switch…to the Ecommerce grouping here,…and that'll give me some more metrics…around Ecommerce.…What I see is that down here referral…is our fourth largest traffic source.…
If we sort by this we see it's pretty far away…from a number one…and a good distance from two and three,…but look at the revenue data,…it massively outstrips the others.…So it's more than twice as much…as the top contender,…even though it receives roughly less than a third…of the traffic that's coming through there.…So I wanna understand what's going on there…a little bit better.…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data