In this video, Adriaan Brits talks about how each team needs a different report according to their function in the organization. Start here to learn about report customization.
- [Instructor] The standard view you can see here…on my own Google Analytics landing page…provides some really useful information,…which you can see as I scroll down.…But as we now use Analytics to inform various…stakeholders in the business,…the metrics required by different teams may vary.…If you look towards the top area in the left column,…there's an area called Customization.…When you expand on that, the two main options…of importance to us right now…is Dashboard and Custom Reports.…
Dashboards are covered separately in another course,…so you can learn about marketing analytics…and setting up and measuring APIs when you have time.…For now, we're going to click on Custom Reports.…Here you can see a list of all…the custom reports that we already created.…Many of these are imported from a library,…and some have been set up for specific purposes.…One example here is a report used…by the content marketing team,…and it's called the Content Efficiency Analysis Report.…
If I select and open the report,…you'll notice all we did was to set up a report that shows…
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model