Before starting the course, members are informed of useful free accounts and downloads, which will enable them to practice report writing in their own time and replicate what is taught throughout.
- [Tutor] To make the most of this course, you'd probably want to have a go at creating your own report. Here are several things that will help you during and after the course. First, you can download the sample report provided with the course which will serve as a good example. In the course some additional resources will be mentioned, where you can download some more free reports and by all means, I would recommend obtaining a few samples that can help you. Then a free account with Google Analytics will be very useful.
If this is connected to your company website, you can practice grabbing data from Analytics and interpreting it in the report. Most of the external sources that we will mention in the course will provide you with free versions so there's no need for any paid memberships, unless you have an immediate order from the company to go and gather some competitive data for a new report. And then finally, may find it very useful to open a SlideShare account so you can share your reports and gain some more visibility if it is meant for public readers.
- Structuring reports
- Presenting analytics data with video recordings
- Considering different data sources
- Using hedging words
- Visualizing data within Google Analytics
- Writing a compelling executive summary
- Using Tableau to enrich reports
- Locating and using competitor industry data
- Drawing inspiration from others