Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Avoiding unnatural keyword usage, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- The concept of keyword density in SEO…refers to the total number of targeted keywords…on the page divided by the total number of words…on the page.…This is usually expressed as a percentage,…which is why we multiply that by 100.…As you can see from the example formula here,…if we have 25 targeted keywords,…divided by 100 total words on the page,…this is a 25 percent keyword density.…Now don't worry.…
You don't need to go ahead and total up…all of the words on your page…to figure out your density.…These calculations are just to give…a rough guideline of where you're at.…However, in modern SEO,…most experts agree that it's much more important…to write natural text and worry second about density.…Here's a great example of writing naturally.…On our Mix Athletics home page,…we've got a heading that says…Hit the Ground Running,…and an area below that that talks about…regardless of your sport or activity,…they have the clothing and equipment you need.…
It's crafted naturally, how you would speak.…How many times, though,…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.