Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced segment basics, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- [Voiceover] Segmentation is so critical to our role…as analyst that other than the most basic,…most simplistic case, there simply is no analysis…without segmentation.…Aggregates and averages are not actionable…and they're often downright misleading.…I often come back to the idea that if your feet are on fire…and your head is frozen, then the average tells us…you're the perfect temperature,…and the modern incarnation of Google Analytics…has packed so many segmentation tools in there,…we could likely do an entire course on it,…and this chapter will be the biggest,…but the very least, we're gonna pick up…where we left off in the Essentials…and show some of the most common use cases…and tools in the arsenal.…
Now first, we're gonna look at why advanced segments…are such a big deal in the first place.…Now as part of that, we're gonna look at…how Google's done much of the heavy lifting already,…and then we're gonna take a look at…how you can build your own segments,…and then we'll dive even deeper…into how we can build segments that follow the visitor,…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data