Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Tag Assistant, part of Advanced Google Analytics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] We use lots of…different debugging tools at Cardinal Path.…Some are generic like how the WASP tool…can be used for any number of different TMS's…and lots of marketing tags not just Google's.…Others are more specific like the one from…Google that is specifically built to inspect Google tags.…It's aptly named the Google Tag Assistant…and it can be downloaded and installed from…the Chrome Store just like WASP.…Let's go over here and do take a look.…Google Tag Assistant from Chrome Store.…Here we go Tag Assistant.…You can go ahead and add that here…and then you'll get this little blue icon…up here at the top.…
It looks kind of like a shopping tag.…Now while it doesn't show you how…the tags are loaded nested within each other…in the TMS like the WASP one does,…it does give you some very detailed information…about exactly how Google Analytics is tracking your site…and ingesting that data into your account.…We'll take a look at a couple of examples…but first let's go ahead and break the site…so that we can see how the error tracking might work.…
Learn how to set your account up for multiple users, structure properties and views, and configure the back end of Google Analytics—including a popular WordPress CMS plugin for automating tracking code on WordPress pages. Corey shows how to apply advanced filters and segments (and customize them to fit your needs) and import custom data sets. He also covers debugging and troubleshooting techniques that allow you to fix Google Analytics issues from under the hood, and he reviews the major segmentation and analysis pitfalls to avoid.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have any questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see those tutorials for more information.
- Setting up a Google Analytics account for multiple users
- Working with the WordPress CMS plugin
- Using custom and advanced filters
- Debugging and troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Using the advanced Tag Assistant
- Setting up advanced segments: custom, user, and sequenced segments
- Avoiding segmentation pitfalls
- Generating better reports and insights from Google Analytics
- Importing custom data