- [Instructor] Now before I go any further,…I want to address specific analytics issues…that tend to pop up at this point.…If you are using more than one analytics program.…So, if you're using Google Analytics,…and then an additional analytics program…that maybe came with your host provider…or another company.…Or if you're using an agency,…and they may use a different program,…the information is going to be different,…meaning the numbers will never line up.…
You see, analytics programs interpret…the data differently, and because of that…the numbers will never agree…from one analytics program to the other.…All analytics programs utilize the same raw data.…The raw data needed by any analytics program…is time-stamped activity of pages requested,…links clicked to view pages, or media,…or any other type of file,…and the source, or referrer,…of where that visitor came from.…
Those are the basic building blocks…of all the reports that you will see in analytics.…Every page request is time-stamped.…Now, in order to put all of that…
- Implementing tracking code
- Customizing business goals
- Measuring bounce rates
- Tracking acquisition
- Measuring the performance of your landing pages and content
- Understanding the three Cs of analytics: Context, contrast, and comparison
- Tracking your audience by device
- Taking action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Where Do the Numbers Come From?
2. Beyond the Dashboards
3. Start with Primary Analytics Concepts
Navigating to bounce rate3m 34s
4. A Few Reports to Get You Started
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.