Google Ads is an auction-based platform, but that doesn't mean the highest ad will get you in the top position. After watching this video you'll know how the auction works, and what you can do to improve the score of your ads.
- [Instructor] Google is popular … because they are good at getting it right. … When you go to search for something on Google, … you typically find what you're looking for right away. … And Google is obsessed … with making sure everything they display is relevant. … And that extends beyond organic results … to paid listings as well. … Fortunately, this makes for a great opportunity. … Users want relevant information. … And advertisers want to show relevant answers … so that those listings get clicked on. … If Google shows the best ads, users come back to Google … and Google profits. … For Google, the better the ads they show, … the more money they make. … Now before we get too much further, let me back up … and share with you the context … of what we're going to be talking about. … I'm here on the Google search page … and I'm going to run a query for coffee subscription. … So we can see that there are four ads here at the top. … And if I scroll to the bottom of the page, … there's two ads here at the bottom. …
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.