The best marketers are always trying to optimize the speed of their website. After watching this video you'll know the top optimization tips and will be able improve your website to improve your ad quality.
- [Instructor] Much of your efforts are going to be spent on your campaigns, ad groups, and the ads themselves, but it's important that you don't forget to manage the experience after someone clicks on your ad. After that click, someone will arrive at your landing page, which means it's important that it loads properly and quickly on their desktop or mobile device. If your ads are seeing great click-through rates, but low conversions? Well, your landing page might be to blame, and fortunately, Google has a great resource to help you evaluate your landing page performance. And you'll find it here in the left-hand navigation under landing pages. It's on this page that we can look at both our landing pages here in the sub-navigation or expanded landing pages and we see a variety of insights in the table view. Now if Google had provided us a mobile speed score, or our mobile friendly click rate, we'd see those metrics in these columns? It's important that we see scores closest to 10, where 10 is the fastest metric. For our mobile friendly click rate, we'd like to see this number as high as possible. What this is telling us is that of all the clicks on their network, what percentage of those landed on a mobile friendly page on your site. Ideally, 100% of your mobile clicks would be mobile friendly. Take tabs on this information and check-in from time to time, and while we're looking at speed data here, keep in mind that everything else on your page from where your call to action is to how much information is on that page, also plays a role. So, don't stop short of just making the page fast and mobile friendly, keep testing and revising to continuously improve those conversion rates.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.