You'll be giving Google specific instructions on how closely a keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. In this video you can identify what phrase match targeting is and how to use it.
- [Instructor] Phrase match targeting is going to restrict traffic even further by locking down the order of your words. It's signified by adding quotes around your phrase. In this case, we would put quotes around women's hats. Now this means that the phrase must be in that specified order within the search query. Hats for women won't work, because the word for in between hats and women is in the phrase. Women's hats has to appear exactly like it does in those quotes in that order. Now it can still contain some terms before or after the phrase. So if we added into our account women's hats in quotes, we're going to match with women's hats, buy women's hats, and woman's hats, because woman and women are very close variations. However we won't match for girls hats. You will match for sewing a woman's hat, because the word before is okay, and woman is a close enough variation of women, but you will not match for women's baseball hats, because there's that word baseball in between the phrase which you've indicated in quotes.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.