Every keyword has the ability to have settings applied to it to help control how closely the keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. After watching this video you'll be equipped to set up keywords properly so you aren't getting traffic that was searching for something completely different.
- [Instructor] Every keyword you'll bid on within Google Ads has the ability to have settings applied to it. These settings are called matching options and they help you control how closely the keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. There are five main types of keyword options: broad match, broad match modifier, phrase match, exact match, and negative match. When you go to add your keywords within an ad group you have the opportunity to influence these matching options and you do through the way they're typed. Here I have a broad match keyword, which is simply the phrase typed out. I have a broad match modifier, which is the phrase including a modifier such as plus hotels. I have the phrase match, which is with the parenthesis. I have the exact match within brackets and then a negative would be any keyword that I apply the minus, or dash symbol, before it.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.