You'll be giving Google specific instructions on how closely a keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. In this video you can identify what negative match targeting is and how to use it.
- [Instructor] Another incredibly important but often overlooked type of keyword match is negative match. Here we're allowed to remove words from the search query itself. We use the minus symbol added to a modifier. If we were running a campaign targeted at girls' hats we might add minus women, which means anytime someone does a search for women or woman the ad will not appear and it allows us to keep to keep it focused on girls' hats. Negative keywords let you filter out irrelevant traffic. You might want to use the term free or course or class. Now if someone was searching for free women's hats or how to make women's hats or classes on developing women's hats, you're not going to show up. Now another example is to use the term women's hats but then restrict the key women. Now this might seem like an obscure use case but it's still valid, because what it'll do is match you with synonyms. So girls hats and ladies hats will still work, but you won't match with woman's hats or women's hats. Now this isn't a typical use case but I want to show you examples of how you can use the negative keyword. You can use it as a way to restrict all of those erroneous search queries or as a way to influence the synonyms that are going to match. Regardless of the match type, you want to use the right one to influence the traffic that you want to show your ads to and what kind of reach you're trying to get with your campaigns.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.