Keywords are words or phrases that are used to match your ads with the terms people are searching for. In this video you can explore how keywords are used in the paid advertising landscape.
- [Instructor] The majority of your advertising … will use keywords as the primary … method for attracting customers. … So before we start talking … about building our first campaign, … we need to talk about keywords. … Keywords are words or phrases that are used to match … your ads with the terms people are searching for. … These will be the true foundation of your campaigns. … So selecting high-quality, relevant keywords … for your advertising campaigns … can help you reach the customers … you want when you want to reach them. … Having the right keywords in your campaigns … can be the difference between a profitable campaign … and one that just wastes your money. … Earlier, we ran some searches on Google … using the keywords eyeglass repair and iPhone repair. … These delivered advertisements … that were related to those terms. … But as simple as that sounds, … it's important that we dig deeper … to really understand the nuances in selecting keywords. … One of the biggest mistakes is assuming that keywords …
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.