Understanding the basic layout of what you see when you login to AdWords will help you to manage and optimize your account much more efficiently. In this video you can identify the key features of the ad groups interface.
- [Instructor] Within campaigns we have ad groups. And to see all the ad groups associated with our account, I'll select ad groups from the left hand navigation. Here in the first column we see the ad group name followed by the campaign it's associated with. So here we can see I have one ad group associated to the free parking campaign and I have four ad groups associated with the Fourth of July sale campaign. Now we can interact with these ad groups in many ways. The first is you can select the drop down next to the green icon if you'd like to pause the ad group. And this works across many areas of Google Ads, including campaigns and keywords. You'll interact by finding that drop down arrow. We can also select multiple ad groups and choose edit from the menu that appears which allows us to copy and paste, remove them, or make changes specific to our selection. We also have the ability to edit the title of the ad group or the name, simply by choosing the pencil icon that appears. Just as you can with campaigns, all of the sections are interactive by selecting the options at the top right corner of the table. You'll also add new ad groups by choosing the plus icon. Now if I am in the all campaigns view, meaning I'm not within a specific campaign, when I choose to add my ad group, I first have to select the campaign and then I can create that ad group. If instead I'm navigate to a specific campaign, it looks a little different. I'll choose x in the upper left hand corner. We'll go to campaigns, choose free parking. Here I'm at ad groups, and now when I choose the plus icon I'm creating an ad group specifically in that free parking campaign and we can confirm that by seeing here in the breadcrumbs that we're within the free parking campaign. And as you can see, it's fairly straightforward to manage your ad groups in Google Ads.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.