The best audience is one that needs your category of product. After watching this video you'll be able to identify the best customers to target for your Google Ads (AdWords) campaigns
- [Instructor] At this stage, we understand our goals … and our product. … But it would be a waste of time … to pursue the wrong audience. … The best audience is one … that needs your category of product. … And the audience that is looking for dog grooming, … for example, might not be the same audience … that's looking for cat grooming. … When I start any advertising endeavor, … I like to outline the type of customer I am targeting, … specific to the product I want them to buy. … And you can do this by creating descriptive personas. … There's a lot of ways that you can go … about deciphering the personas of your users. … If you've got an existing customer base, … you can conduct surveys and mine your data for patterns. … But if you're just starting out, … you'll have to make some educated assumptions. … To do that, let's start with a simple exercise. … We're going to outline three desired … or typical customers of yours. … So, pull out a piece of paper, … and then close your eyes and picture …
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.