In Google Ads (AdWords) the way you set up your bids will dictate whether your campaign generates a return on investment. After watching this video you'll be able to properly set up your bids.
- [Instructor] At this point, it's time to select … our budget and bid settings. … This is one of the more challenging aspects … of starting out. … Typically you'll be bidding in AdWords … on a cost-per-click basis, … so you'll set the maximum amount you want to pay … every time a person clicks on your ad. … This leads to two of the most common questions I get asked; … what should I budget … and how much should I bid per click? … Let's work out how we arrive at these numbers. … Say the Landon Hotel is trying to get people … to book a stay at their hotel. … First we need to decide how much … we're willing to spend to achieve this goal. … For that, we need to understand … our customer lifetime value, or LTV. … I'm going to simplify this math. … If you want to understand the comprehensive method … by which to calculate LTV, … check out my marketing tip … on calculating customer lifetime value. … Back to the Landon Hotel. … Say they make $100 in profit … for any one-night stay. … They also know the average customer stays …
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up a Google Ads account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Before getting started2m 18s
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.