Google now offers an option that allows your potential customers to send a text message to get more information about your business or promotional offer. Learn how to set up a message extension and create this valuable opportunity for consumers to engage with your brand using text messaging.
- [Instructor] Nearly two-thirds of smartphone owners…use messaging more than five times a day…to communicate with one another.…What's also impressive is that over 65% of consumers…said that they would consider using messaging…to connect with a business…to get information about a product or service…or to schedule an in-person appointment.…Well, Google took note…and recently introduced a new feature…called click to message ads.…When you use this message extension,…users can start a conversation right from your ad…and continue it wherever is most convenient for them.…
For example,…an ad for, say, a hotel could include the message option,…which says,…"Got questions?…"Send us a text."…When a user clicks this,…it's going to automatically open up their messaging app…and populate a pre-written message.…So in this case the message might say,…"Hi, I'm interested in a reservation.…"Please text me back."…Message extensions will only be shown…to people on phones capable of sending…and receiving text messages,…and then you'll also need to make sure that your business…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.