Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video An overview of ad extensions, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we finish creating our new campaign…it's worthwhile to spend some time…talking about ad extensions.…Now to access extensions you'll need to scroll…to the bottom of the campaign creation page.…Depending on your specific campaign settings,…Google will display a few options for you.…Here I can see sitelink, callout, and call extensions,…to see all of them select additional settings.…Ad extensions are a way that you can…extend the functionality of your ads…to include more information…than you're typically limited to.…
With these extensions your ads can include things…like your address and phone number,…promotions, extra links,…even clickable messages to send texts.…Now the most common extensions are shown here.…Sitelink, callout, call, structured snippet,…app, message, promotion, and price extensions.…We'll go through each one of these together…and I'll provide you with some details…on how to set it up as well as why and how we use them.…Now at a high level I really recommend…that you use as many of these extensions…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.