Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video An overview of ad extensions, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Teacher] Before we finish creating our new campaign,…it's worthwhile to spend some time…talking about ad extensions.…Ad extensions are a way that you can extend…the functionality of your ads…to include more information than you're typically allowed.…With extensions, you can include things…like your address and phone number,…extra links, links to mobile downloads,…and even social endorsements and reviews on your product.…Now we're here in our campaign overview,…and I'm going to scroll just below the bid settings…until we arrive at the headline ad extensions.…
You'll see here that we have six options…that can be selected.…And enabling any or all of these…will turn on various ad extensions for this campaign.…Let's go through each one of these together…so I can provide you with an example…of what these look like in the real world.…So our six types of ad extensions…are location, sitelinks, call, app, reviews, and callouts.…The location extension helps people…that are already near you to find you…and or give you a phone call.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.