Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video An overview of AdWords, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] billions of times per day,…people turn to Google to look up…an answer to a question, discover a new place to visit,…find solutions to their problems,…and look for products to buy.…Google calls these the I want to know,…I want to go, I want to do, and I want to buy moments.…I prefer to, instead, consider these…a consumer mindset, every business can solve one…or more of these mindsets.…A customer that wants to know, well, you can tell them,…if they want to go, you can take them,…if they want to do, show them how,…and if they want to buy, you can sell them.…
You are the I can tell you, I can take you,…I can show you, I can sell you, answer to those moments.…AdWords is Google's online advertising platform…and it's built to put you in front of a potential customer…at the right time with a right message…when they're in the right mindset.…You'll be creating ads for your business…and choosing when you want them to appear in Google…or next to relevant search results.…The concept is fairly simple, you identify words…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.