Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video A look at reporting, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that you've created…a campaign, it's time to measure your performance.…You can analyze your data through nearly endless options,…however you'll primarily be looking at data…at your campaign ad group and ad level…using different metrics and reports…available within AdWords.…We're gonna start by looking at the high-level data…and then later, we'll look at generating…more specific reports.…Now I'm a big believer that every marketer…or business owner should be…incredibly aware of their metrics.…
I start every day by reviewing all of the marketing data…that is important to my active objectives…and it really doesn't take that long…once you get things built out in a way…that works for you.…When you're running your AdWords campaigns,…I recommend you spend the first 15 to 30 minutes…of your day, reviewing your analytics…because your campaigns are typically always…spending money, it's important to stay on top…of your performance.…This data will help you make informed decisions…about your ad and let you know where you need…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.