Learn about Google AdWords Express, a product marketed towards small business owners. In this video, Brad Batesole provides an overview of how AdWords Express manages your online ads.
- [Instructor] This is a good opportunity to pause…before going any further…and discuss Google AdWords Express.…Google AdWords Express is an advertising product…that is marketed towards small business owners.…The allure is that AdWords Express…automatically manages your online ads…without the need for daily management…or individual tasks.…It's a very lightweight version of AdWords…that has limited functionality…and includes a guided process…that makes ad creation a lot faster.…Now Google AdWords Express…can look like an attractive option,…given how complex AdWords is,…and the time and effort required to fine tune your campaigns…within AdWords.…
Now if you're stretched for time…and aren't ready to commit to learning…the essentials of AdWords,…you might be interested in exploring AdWords Express.…But I want to encourage you to avoid that.…You see, in AdWords Express,…you won't have the ability to select your keywords,…and all of your keyword selections will be broad matched,…which can drive erroneous clicks.…You won't have access to negative keywords…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.