Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing your text ad, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] Before we move into setting up…your ad group I wanna take a minute to…talk about the best way to write your text ads.…Text ads are the most popular format…for Google advertising.…And this is how you'll be starting.…Now you've seen these text ads multiple times…throughout this course.…But let's quickly review what's in one.…Every text ad has two headlines.…And this is your opportunity to grab the…attention of the viewer.…Then, there's the web address which Google…will be calling the display path.…And this includes your website domain followed…by two customizable path fields.…
And this is the link that people see…directly below the headlines.…From there we have a description.…And this is how you let your customer know…what they're going to be finding on your site.…Okay, that's all great.…But how do build these in a way…that is very effective?…For that let me give you some tips.…The first is to highlight what makes you unique.…What makes you stand out from your competition?…What is your unique selling point?…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.