Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing your text ad, part of Google AdWords Essential Training (2017).
- [Instructor] Before we move into setting up your ad group,…I want to take a minute to talk about…the best way to write your text ads.…Text ads are the most popular format for Google advertising,…and this is very likely how you'll be starting.…You've seen these text ads multiple times…throughout this course,…but let's quickly review what's in a text ad.…Every text ad has two headlines.…This is your opportunity to grab the attention…of the viewer.…Then, there's the web address,…which Google will be calling the display URL,…and this includes two customizable path fields…that appear just after your domain name,…and this is going to be the link that people see…directly below the headlines.…
From there, we have a description,…and this is how you let your customer know…what they're going to be finding on your site.…That's all great, but how do we build these…in a way that is very effective?…For that, I'm going to give you six tips.…The first is to highlight what makes you unique.…What makes you stand out from your competition?…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.