Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing your text ad , part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we move into setting up your ad group,…I wanna take a minute to talk about the best way…to write your text ads.…Text ads are the most popular format for Google advertising,…and this is very likely how you'll be starting.…You've seen these text ads multiple times…throughout this course,…but let's quickly review what's in a text ad.…Every text ad has a headline.…This is your opportunity…to grab the attention of the viewer.…Then there's the web address,…which Google will be calling the display URL.…
This is the link that people see…directly below the headline.…From there, we have two description lines,…which is how you let your customer know…what they're going to find on your site.…Now, that's all great, but how do we build these…in a way that is very effective?…For that, I'm going to give you six tips.…The first is to highlight what makes you unique.…What makes you stand out from your competition?…What is your unique selling point?…Is it free shipping?…Are you eco-friendly?…Do you hold a patent?…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Trickswith David Booth56m 54s Advanced
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.