In this video, Adriaan Brits discusses the levels of prior knowledge and working proficiency with pay-per-click and AdWords required, as well as the necessary resources for course completion.
- [Instructor] Since we're going to cover practical implementation of more advanced features in Google AdWords, it is assumed that you will have prior experience with pay per click advertising. If you've completed some basic training in Google AdWords, and you worked with it already, you're the perfect candidate. Equally, if you've worked with Google AdWords extensively, and you're self taught, you will also get a lot of value from it. Either way, you should already be familiar with PPC and marketing terminologies.
I know that implementing something that you see from somebody else can be a challenge initially, and since Google recently made a major change to it's AdWords interface, I will be mindful to talk you through step by step, so that it's very easy to replicate the examples. Remember though, we'll go beyond theory and do a lot of practical training. Other resources that you'll need to make most of the course, will include full access to Google AdWords, as well as access to Google Webmaster tools, and of course, internet connection with a big screen, ideally a PC.
One useful tip at this point, if you're goin to explore the techniques by replicating them in your own account for testing, it's certainly something I would recommend. But in this case, it is good to set up a budget of zero, or something really low, for example 50 dollar cents per day, so that you don't wake up with a surprise bill the next day. Moving forward, if you want to be at the top of your game with PPC and programmatic, I recommend that you follow through by completing a full range of courses on Bing Ads, Google Analytics, as well as any course on the use of LinkedIn marketing services for B2B.
- Research and planning in AdWords
- Working with the Display Planner
- Using the AdWords Editor and manager accounts
- Reporting tips with AdWords
- Using rules and automation in AdWords
- Dynamic search and display automation
- Overview of video advertising and Google Display Network
- YouTube advertising via AdWords
- Advanced PPC tips and tricks