Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Where ads appear, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As an AdWords advertiser, you probably want…to know exactly where your advertisements…are going to show up.…To understand where your ads end up and how they get there,…let's start at the top.…When you use AdWords, you're gaining access to what…is called the Google Network.…This network is comprised of literally thousands…of search and display network websites,…as well as the Google search engine, itself.…The Google Network currently reaches more than 80%…of all internet users worldwide in more than 30 languages…and a hundred countries.…The Google Network is divided into two big areas,…the Google Search Network and the Google Display Network.…
The Search Network includes the familiar text ads…in search results.…We looked at that type of advertisement in the last movie.…But these text ads can also display on Google Maps,…Google Shopping, and websites that are search partners.…And search partners include hundreds of non-Google websites,…such as AOL.…To expand further, advertisements that are part…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.